NATT+ General Meeting
Saturday 8 October 2011
9.30 for a 10.00am start
The Lake Room, Wraysbury Village Halls.
Staines TW19 5NA
9.30 - 10.00am
- Arrival and refreshments. Tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits will be provided.
10.00 - 10.30am
- Welcome from the Joint Presidents
- Group Reports
- GRTHM Update
- Vote of thanks for Kath Cresswell who is leaving Traveller Education
10.30 - 11.00am
- New OFSTED framework
- New Teacher Standards - Teacher Training - TDA GRT distribution (NATT+)
11.00 - 11.50am
Future of TESs
- Concerns around GRT support nationally and locally - what action can be taken to ensure equality
- Attendance - school concerns re absence making it difficult to place GRT children
- Admissions - issues re placing highly mobile pupils
- Safeguarding - EHE concerns
- Future Actions and Lobbying
11.50am - 12.00pm
- Any other Business
12.00 - 1.00pm
- Lunch and networking To order a buffet lunch contact Kath Cox on kath [dot] cox [at] bracknell-forest [dot] gov [dot] uk
1.00 - 1.45pm
- Department for Education Updates – to be confirmed
1.45 - 2.30pm
- Rocky Deans - GRTHM 2011 Report of the activities in his LA
2.30 - 2.40pm
- Comfort break
2.40 - 3.25pm
- Natalie Stables - 2011 European Roma Trip
3.25 - 3.30pm
- Close and safe journey home.
- Heathrow Airport 8.8 miles via M4 or 7.1 miles via A4.
- Slough Rail Station 4.3 miles
- Slough Bus Station 4 miles Datchet Rail Station 2 miles
- Wraysbury Rail Station 0.6 miles M25 Junction 15 M4 Junction 5
There are many and varied types for overnight stays as the venue is near the airport and Windsor. The Copthorne Hotel is north of Junction 6 on the M4.